Not every single nanosecond of the time, but for the most part, I love it.
For Mother’s Day, I honor all the mothers of the world and celebrate the joys that come with motherhood.
- We get to cuddle our little ones and indulge our senses with their baby-soft skin and sweet smells.
- Mothers are permitted to raise our voices for our children’s benefit, so we can belt out our cheers, ballads, and anthems, vibrating with love, absolved of pitch.
- Women who have had children even have a significantly reduced risk of breast cancer.
- As a token, we get a little tax benefit for having kids, and some legal protection for time off from work.
- And for Mother’s Day, we might even get a little something from our kids or from others who want to acknowledge us.
By far, the most important acknowledgment a mother can receive is from herself. No one knows the depths you’ve been to but you. And no one can pay you better homage than you.
Right now, I invite you to privately look in the mirror and take 5 minutes to thank the person in front of you. Encourage her. Praise her. Tell her you love her and believe in her. Tell her she’s hot! Let her laugh, cry, but don’t let her hide. Give her permission to receive and embrace every word, and to shine. She shines for herself, for her children, and for her world.
This Mother’s Day and every day, appreciate yourself, acknowledge yourself, honor yourself, love yourself. You are amazing – thank you for EVERYTHING that you are and do.
Please share this with the mothers you love, and leave a comment about your Mother’s Day experience.